25% off Basic Life Support course when combined with Epilepsy and Buccal Midazolam
(terms and conditions apply)
What people are saying:
"After so many years, someone finally explains blood gases so I understand them – thank you!"
This half-day course is aimed at healthcare professionals and teaches the core concepts of effective Infection Prevention.
- Definition of a HCAI
- Guidance and policies
- Latest and best practice at infection prevention and reduction
- Standard principles of infection prevention
- Hand hygiene
- Chain of infection
- Breaking the chain
- Needlestick injuries
- Aseptic No Touch Technique (ANTT)
- Waste/Linen and Environmental management
- Isolation nursing
- Basic Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Practical hand hygiene assessment and guidance
A full-day course aimed at health care professionals who are required to administer medications to patients.
- General principles of drug administration
- Legal and professional issues
- Prescription basics
- Checking protocols and safe practice
- Principles of correct setting of infusion devices
- Aseptic non touch technique and infection prevention
- Handling and reconstitution of medications
- Safe administration of intravenous medications
- Safe administration of other common routes (oral and injectable)
- Dealing with drug errors and how to reduce risk
- Practical assessment of administration
Your learning will be enhanced with a combination of practical workshops, theory and discovery tasks.
An ongoing CPD document will be provided to assist you in clinical practice.